The Haras du Gazon is situated in the centre of Normandy, 45 miles from Caen, 11 miles from Failaise, just beyond the village of Neuvy au Houlme.
Driving directions to Haras du Gazon from Ouistreham (Caen) ferry terminal
GPS coordinates: N48 °48.562 ‘ W000 °12.025 ‘ / 48.808997, -0.200718
NEUVY AU HOULME, 61210, Basse Normandie
From Ouistreham ferry terminal:
- Follow directions to Caen (A13 Paris) on D84
- Take Périphérique EST towards A13 Paris, Alençon
(This is just after the exit Périphérique OUEST to Rennes, Bayeux which you ignore!)
- Once on the périphérique follow signs to Alençon (Ignore Paris Exit No 1)
- Take exit 13, Porte d’Espagne towards Alençon, le Mans, Falaise
- On the roundabout at the exit, take 3rd exit, N158 to Alençon, Le Mans, Falaise
- After 19miles dual carriageway this road changes name to the A88. Keep on this road.
- Take exit 11.1 signposted to Alençon, Argentan.
- Now follow signs for Neuvy au Houlme, taking 2nd exit at roundabout then straight on until you reach the hamlet of Rouffigny. Still following sign for Neuvy au Houlme, turn right here.
- At the village of Neuvy au Houlme turn left after the church towards Bazoches au Houlme
- Drive down the hill for about 400 yards. Where there are 2 double gateways opposite each other, go through left hand side gates – press button to open.